This was nothing short of delicious! Terrific meal for a hot day when you don’t want heat in the kitchen. I couldn’t find lump crab meat so I got dungeness crab and cracked and cleaned it at home. July is the perfect time to make this salad with tomatoes and corn in season. I served this on arugula and sprinkled micro greens on top., paired with a 2013 French Bordeaux (Sauvignon & Semillon) and some bread for a five star dinner.
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
1 pound lump crab meat, shell pieces removed
8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices ripe beefsteak tomato (I used heirloom)
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine rind, 3 tablespoons juice, and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons juice mixture.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons juice, corn, and next 4 ingredients (through crab) to remaining juice mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Arrange 2 tomato slices and 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes on each of 4 plates.
- Drizzle about 1 teaspoon reserved juice mixture over each serving.
- Top each serving with 1 cup corn and crab mixture.
Calories from fat 21 %
Fat 5.6 g
Sat fat 0.6 g
Mono fat 2.7 g
Poly fat 0.7 g
Protein 30 g
Carbohydrate 17.7 g
Fiber 3.6 g
Cholesterol 128 mg
Iron 1.8 mg
Sodium 613 mg
Calcium 1 mg