You don’t need to be big fan of Chorizo to appreciate the flavors in this recipe. The lemon zest and fresh lemon juice punctuate and add brightness to this terrific summer dish. I picked tomatoes off the vine and had freshly picked corn on the cob. Yummy.
This is a Cooking Light recipe.
Hands-on Time: 16 Mins
Total Time: 16 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
12 ounces large shrimp, peeled
2 cups fresh corn kernels
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 3/4 ounces thinly sliced Spanish chorizo sausage (I used ground chorizo)
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, divided
12 red grape tomatoes, halved and divided
12 yellow teardrop tomatoes, halved and divided
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped basil, 12 red tomato halves, and 12 yellow tomato halves.
- Toss shrimp mixture gently to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add shrimp mixture to pan, and cook for 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring frequently.
- Place about 1 1/2 cups shrimp mixture in each of 4 shallow bowls, and sprinkle each serving with 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind, 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, 6 tomato halves, and 1 tablespoon chopped basil.