This is a really good weeknight dinner. Great in the summer if you have fresh tomatoes (which I did) and herbs you can add. Fresh, full of flavor and definitely a keeper.
I didn’t have rotisserie chicken so I tossed a (large) chicken breast and thigh on the grill with salt and pepper. Once done, I shredded them.
2 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 ounces very thin slices prosciutto, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 (5-ounce) packages baby arugula
1 1/2 ounces Asiago cheese, shaved and divided (about 1/3 cup)
6 ounces shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place bread cubes on a baking sheet, and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Add basil and garlic powder; toss well.
- Place bread mixture in preheating oven; bake for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add prosciutto; sauté 4 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons oil, juice, and salt in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Place arugula, half of cheese, and juice mixture in a large bowl; toss well to coat.
- Divide arugula mixture evenly among 6 plates.
- Divide chicken, prosciutto, tomatoes, remaining cheese, and croutons evenly over salads.
Fat 11.5 g
Sat fat 2.9 g
Mono fat 5.8 g
Poly fat 1.3 g
Protein 14.4 g
Carbohydrate 8.9 g
Fiber 1.5 g
Cholesterol 37 mg
Iron 1.4 mg
Sodium 481 mg
Calcium 142 mg
I found this recipe online, from Cooking Light, April 2012.