1 lb tortellini
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 red bell pepper
4 oz feta cheese
1 thinly sliced red onion
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp oregano, dried
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the tortellini according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place the onions in a bowl of cold water to get rid of some of the bite.
- Drain after 5 minutes.
- When the tortellini is done cooking, toss together the onion slices, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, feta cheese, and tortellini.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil and whisk to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the tortellini salad and toss to combine.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.