This recipe is so simple and so good!! It had to make it to the blog – I absolutely loved it.
3 cups halved strawberries
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
Fresh mint sprigs
- Combine strawberries and brown sugar; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Combine granulated sugar, salt, and eggs in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Heat milk in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil).
- Gradually add milk to egg mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Return milk mixture to pan; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until slightly thick and mixture coats the back of a spoon, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in extracts.
- Serve warm or chilled over strawberries.
- Garnish with mint, if desired.