YUM!!! This is an incredible recipe for fish tacos. This is the second time I’ve made it so thought I should get it on the blog to share especially since I told my family that it was on my blog already.
You can use any flaky white fish for this…I used cod because I happened to have some in the freezer. However, my first bite had no fish and was still delicious.
We had this with a viognier and it was a perfect pairing.
1 3/4 cups diced peeled mango (about 2 mangoes)
1/4 cup diced red onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 ripe peeled avocado
1 pound mahimahi
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 (6-inch) gluten-free corn tortillas
2 cups shredded red cabbage
1. To prepare salsa, combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. To prepare Lime Crema, place mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients (through avocado) in a food processor; process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
3. To prepare tacos, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from grill; break into chunks with a fork.
4. While fish cooks, warm tortillas according to package directions.
5. Spoon 3 ounces fish, 1/4 cup salsa, 1 1/2 tablespoons crema, and 1/4 cup cabbage onto each tortilla; fold in half.