The title of this dish should be “Marscapone Creamy Wild Mushroom and Chicken Pasta”. Doesn’t that sound more interesting?
This is from Cooking Light, January 2013. I didn’t get a picture of it but I wanted to add it to my blog because I’ll be making it again for sure. It was incredibly tasty…like lick your dish good.
I didn’t have orecchiette pasta so I used shells. I think it would be good with any pasta. Last note, I could have had this without the chicken and been just as satisfied with the dish. The magic is in the sauce.
- 9 ounces uncooked orecchiette pasta
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson), divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 8 ounces chopped wild mushroom blend
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Combine 1/4 cup stock and flour.
- Add flour mixture, 3/4 cup stock, and half-and-half to pan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mascarpone, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; coat with cooking spray.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes.
- Add thyme and mushrooms; cook 8 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, vinegar, and mustard; cook 30 seconds.
- Add pasta and chicken mixture; toss.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parsley.
Serving Size: 1-1/3 cups
- Calories 364
- Fat 14.3 g
- Satfat 7.1 g
- Monofat 3.5 g
- Polyfat 0.5 g
- Protein 23.2 g
- Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Fiber 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 67 mg
- Iron 2.4 mg
- Sodium 336 mg
- Calcium 67 mg